Looking for ways to open and edit Sony Handycam camcorder MTS in Windows Movie Maker? This article will offer you the best solution to edit Sony Handycam video MTS files in Windows (Windows 10).
Sony Handycam camcorders like Sony HDR-CX360V, HDR-CX220, HDR-PJ230, HDR-PJ380, HDR-PJ650V, HDR-PJ790V, etc are high-end professional camcorders which can capture stunning-quality HD images; they can offer very high quality HD recording at MTS format. We can only found that these videos can’t be opened and edited in Windows Movie Maker? This is because that your videos taken by camcorders are usually in MTS format. And MTS, which is a high-definition MPEG Transport Steam video format that commonly used by Sony, Panasonic, and other HD camcorders, is not in the supported video format list of Windows Movie Maker.
In order to make the AVCHD videos from Sony Handycam compatible with Windows Movie Maker, the easy workaround is to convert Sony Handycam files (from Sony HDR-CX360V, HDR-CX220, HDR-PJ230, HDR-PJ380, HDR-PJ650V, HDR-PJ790V, etc) to Windows Movie Maker most likely format like .wmv with a 3rd party video app. Below is how.
1. First, connect Sony Handycam to PC via usb cable, firewire, or a/v cable, turn on the camcorder and copy video files from Sony Handycam to hard disk.
2. Download and install Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter
It works as a best Sony Handycam MTS Converter. Applying it, you can transcode AVCHD .mts to Windows (Live) Movie Maker supported WMV, AVI, etc. with high output video quality. Plus, it can also help you to convert MTS/M2TS to MP4, MOV, FLV, AVI, MKV, MPG, etc. videos for different uses. Download it now and follow the steps to convert your MTS videos from Sony Handycam to Windows Movie Maker for editing.
3. Launch Sony Handycan MTS Converter and click add button to import 1080p Handycam video to the program.
4. Click “Format” bar to choose the output format. For editing Sony Handycam video in Windows Movie Maker, you can select HD Video –>WMV HD(*.wmv) on the dropdown menu as output format. Besides, you can also choose Divx HD(*.avi) as output if you have not installed the .wmv codec.
5. Hit the Convert button to start the conversion; it will convert Sony Handycam 1080p AVCHD to Windows Movie Maker friendly format on Windows 8/7/Vista/XP.
After the conversion, you can get the converted Sony Handycam MTS files from output folder for further editing with Windows Movie Maker without trouble.
The versatile Sony Handycam Video Converter is not only designed for converting MTS files for Windows Movie Maker. It is also professional in making AVCHD files editable in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Premiere Elements, Avid Media Composer, Sony Vegas Pro, After Effects, Magix Movie Editor Pro, Pinnacle Studio, CyberLink PowerDirector, etc to meet your different needs.
Tricks for Editing 4K video on Final Cut Pro 7/6
How to Convert, Edit Sony Handycam video files
Ideal MXF Converter for Mac OS X macOS Sierra
Help with MKV to Xvid Conversion- Get tips and tricks
Load Canon HF R10/R400/R40 MTS files to Movie Maker
Fix VOB Import Incompatible with Windows Movie Maker
Convert MTS/M2TS to Quicktime MOV for MacOS Sierra
Get Windows Movie Maker work perfectly with .mov clips?
Import Canon XF305 MXF files to Adobe Premiere Elements
Convert your FLV videos to Windows Movie Maker for editing
Convert 4K MXF, MOV , MP4 videos to Windows Movie Maker
Convert iPhone H.264 MOV to WMV for Windows Movie Maker
Fix Corrupt MXF files Effectively under Mac OS X (macOS Sierra)
Convert AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) to SBS 3D MP4 Video for Gear VR